Community of Three Rivers - Full Time
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Type: 35 hours weekly, salaried
Reports To: Chief Administrative Officer and Clerk
Salary Range: $32,000 - $35,000 Annually
The purpose of this position is to provide municipal office reception duties and administrative and clerical support to the CAO, Clerk and Recreation Director. The work involves the performance of highly confidential duties requiring considerable independent judgement and discretion. The incumbent must be highly self-motivated, professional capable of prioritizing tasks and manage their workload.
Duties and Responsibilities
Following are the primary duties and responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant. The following statements describe the nature and level of work to be performed, but is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities required for the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the CAO, Clerk or Recreation Director.• Greets and provides direction, information and guidance to the general public upon entrance into the municipal office.
• The position is responsible for various job tasks related to accounts payable, accounts receivable and data entry.
• Responsible for the everyday administration duties including reporting, maintaining files, correspondence and responding to phone inquiries.
• Responsible for screening, responding or distributing complaints and inquiries to the appropriate elected officials and staff.
• Responsible for conference registration and travel arrangements for Mayor, Council and staff as required.
• Responsible for receiving and receipting payments, posting to customer accounts and making bank deposits.
• Responsible for the organization, sorting and distribution of mail and courier packages to the proper staff and departments.
• Responsible for updates and preparing information for the website, social media and various public notices.
• Responsible for the general tidiness of the entrance, main office area and front desk area.
• Assists with the organization and preparation of various community functions including but not limited to public and staff meetings and receptions.
• Attends meetings, training sessions or seminars as required.
• Builds and maintains positive working relationships and a level of professionalism with elected officials, co- workers and public.
• Assists with various administrative duties related to Recreational Services
• Assists with the organization, event preparation and delivery of programs (i.e.: Canada Day, Winter Carnival, End of Summer Events, Harvest Festival, BBQ’s, etc.) along with other duties as assigned or required by the recreational Director.
• May be asked to work outside regular working hours for meetings, seminars and special events.
• Post-secondary education in related field or equivalent work experience would be an asset
• Must have own transportation and valid driver’s license
• Must have computer, internet, email and Microsoft Office experience
• Must have excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills to interact with government departments and agencies, special interest groups and the public.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills to handle the workload under minimal supervision.
• Ability to multi task, pay attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
• Must be bondable; Criminal Recor
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are required:
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, both orally and in writing
• Ability to compose letters, complete applications, grant writing and manage excel spread sheets as required for activity charting
• Be able to track and receipt all money paid for services and programs
• Ability to work in stressful situations; ability to stay calm; have excellent problem-solving skills while maintaining a professional behavior
• Must maintain total confidentiality in regards to all work-related situations.
• Client service oriented, including the ability to consistently communicate in a friendly and helpful manner and respond appropriately to inquiries, requests and complaints;
• Analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to research, analyze and evaluate alternatives and develop recommendations
• Strategic thinking skills, including the ability to identify risks and opportunities, and provide sound advice that contributes to well-informed decision-making;
• Decision making skills, including the ability to respond in a timely fashion;
• Effective communication skills, including the ability to listen actively and respond verbally in a manner that is clear and respectful;
• Attention to detail and ability to maintain high standards in order to ensure a clean, safe and healthy
Hours of Work
The Administrative Office Assistance will work a 35-hour work week that will be comprised of regular office hours 8:30 to 4:30, with the possibility of evening or weekend meetings and may be asked to attend special events.
Rights and Privileges
This position is a salaried position and the employee is entitled to the benefit package offered by the municipality including, vacation time, health plan and pension plan once the probation period is over.
This position will hold a six (6) probation period at which time the employee and the position will be evaluated.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
Contact The Community of Three Rivers office for more information or send resumes to: email@example.com
The Community of Three Rivers / Village of Petitcodiac is now accepting applications from students for summer employment for general manual outdoor work. Students that are at least 15 years of age and returning to high school or a post-secondary institution in the fall of 2023 will be given consideration. Resumes can be emailed to the Village Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.